At last Sunday’s Church Council meeting, we heard from several of our members why they chose JFUMC as their Church home. Some had come because of their history. They were members at an early age, had moved but now had moved back. Others had come from other denominational backgrounds. They chose this Church because they found JFUMC to be a place of acceptance, and here they were offered opportunities to grow in discipleship.
In March of 1981, Carolyn and I married; and in addition to a family, I also got a church. It was in May of 1981, 37 years ago this month, that I officially joined JFUMC. Like some, I had fallen out of the practice and joy of attending a church. Now, I had a second chance to come back. When I started saying yes to some invitations, I also began to grow in my discipleship. Over these past years I have received so many blessings through worship and saying yes to serving with the people of this Church. But before I said yes, this Church provided the opportunities; and I was invited to participate.
I do know that first and second opportunities are not always accepted without an invitation. Over the next several months we are offering so many special opportunities at JFUMC (details available on the church calendar and in the weekly newsletter). These may never be known without a personal invitation. I’m sure you know someone who might be blessed by some of these experiences. Somebody that just needs to be asked by someone special – YOU!!
- MIA: Methodists in Action June 3
- Family Bingo Night: June 8, 6:30 pm
- Night Out With Arkansas Travelers: June 22, 5:00 pm
- Mission 5000: Wednesdays, 5:30pm; Saturdays, 11:30 am
- Regular Sunday Worship (10:00 am) and LIFE Groups (8:45 am): Sundays
Youth and Children:
- Vacation Bible School: June 11 – 15
- Ozark Mission Project: July 23 – 25
- MAD Camp: (Music Art and Drama): July 30 – August 9
- Financial Peace University: (Date TBD)
- Summer Shorts: Wednesdays 6:30 pm
- Ladies’ Bible Study: Tuesdays 9:30 am
- Summer opportunities for volunteering in our Children’s Department.
Music: Recruiting for Chancel Choir, Handbell Choir, and Praise Band
2018 Lay Leader